I'm sure this made God giggle a bit...

So, I co-teach (with A) the K-5th grade class at our church. Yesterday, I realized that I had gotten done with the lesson way too early, so I decided to play a nice game of Hangman with the kids using some descriptive words of God that we had talked about during the lesson. Teams were boys v. girls, it was the boys' turn, and the board looked like this:

__ O R __ I __ I N G

I asked the team spokesperson for a letter, and all of the sudden M (L & A's son) appeared to have an epiphany.

"Do you have a guess?" I asked hopefully.

"Boring?" M asked innocently.

A and I lost it. Luckily, the word was "forgiving," so I'm sure that M was forgiven about thinking "boring" was a good way to describe God. Actually, I'm pretty certain that God may have been laughing as hard as we were...

No comments: