Apologies in advance...

For yet MORE M & A stories...

M & A have never had a word for me, like "nanny" or "sitter." T & G call me their baby-sitter when they're explaining that their parents aren't home, but the little ones have never known what to call me to other people. Other kids have said to them "This is my mommy/daddy" and M & A usually say "This is my...um, my Stefanie!" Yeah, it pretty much melts my heart every time...

My boss told me the other day that the whole family was watching "Nanny 911" -- you know, the cable knock-off of "Supernanny" with British nannies who wear capes, funny hats, and ugly shoes. M & A's mom and dad asked them who their nanny was, and they responded that they didn't have a nanny. Then they told them that I am their nanny.

"Stefanie does NOT wear a cape!"

Hahahaha...

Then, later on, M said "Stefanie is not mean to us like those nannies."

:)

Their mom responded, "If you were naughty like those kids she would be!"


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


We were doing art projects today, and M was making his own connect-the-dot drawings, pretty much deciding what it was a picture of after he connected the dots. :) After one drawing, he asked if I could draw Mount Everest on the page (and I was pretty impressed that he came up with that!). I drew a generic-looking mountain behind his drawing.

"You can draw the track on there too, if you want," he said.

"What track?"

"You know, the broken track on Everest. From the yeti."

Yeah, he didn't want me to draw Mount Everest. He wanted me to draw the roller coaster Expedition: Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Ha.

And apparently his dots connected to form a yeti. :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I had to wake A from her nap today (if I don't, she won't sleep at night). I rubbed her back saying, "Time to wake up, little girl..."

"I couldn't find the 'bicicycle.'"

"The what?"

"The 'bicicycle' -- you know, the Lego one. The Lego 'bicicycle.'"

"You couldn't find the Lego bicycle?"

"Yeah, the Leg-"

And then she finally woke up all the way.

"Did you dream about looking for a bicycle?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said sheepishly.

Cuteness. :)

No comments: